Thursday, February 10, 2011

Do I get a prize?

30 days! Wow! It's almost hard to believe that I've kept this up for 30 days; I'm very proud of myself. Duplications are just part of my routine now. It's nice to say to myself, "It's time to do a duplication; turn off the music; close the computer; sit down; draw." And it's even nicer to not have to say "Ok, draw what?"

I use my phone or a watch to time myself; I set the timer for 20 or 25 minutes, depending on the day, and draw for at least that long. It has actually spawned some other good habits. After I draw, I often start the timer again and do something else for 20 minutes - usually playing guitar or cleaning/tidying. It's TRULY amazing how much you can get done in a short amount of time.

I still spend an inordinately large amount of time on the internet, but I like the direction this project is taking me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment